Wherever there is a need for good-looking, precise, tough, moulded parts, you will find the ideal combination of performance properties and value in the Altuglas® family of acrylic thermoplastic resins; excellent optical clarity, unsurpassed weatherability, and design flexibility.
These resins are available in many grades and colours to meet your specific applications.
Altuglas® PMMA Poly(methyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic, often used as a light or a shatter-resistant alternative to glass. It is sometimes called acrylic glass.
The Altuglas® portfolio offers a wide choice of PMMA resins designed for injection, extrusion and blow moulding.
The general characteristics of Altuglas® PMMA are as follows:
- Highest transparency and brilliance of all plastics
- Mechanical properties
- Rigidity and dimensional stability
- Surface properties
- Hardness and the highest scratch resistance of all plastics
- Resistance to aging
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric agents, UV radiation and aging
In addition, the Altuglas® range offers special properties:
- Impact resistance
- Resistance to gamma sterilisation
- Suitability for food contact
- Suitability for medical applications
- Ultraviolet filtering
- Chemical resistance
Main Altuglas® applications:
- Transport and automotive industry: lights, deflectors, instrument panels, number plates, reflectors, traffic lights, etc.
- Building and construction industry: extruded panels for building, glazing, protection and greenhouses, co-extruded over ABS or PVC panels for caravans, window frames, etc.
- Lighting: light filters, globes, diffusers, etc.
- Household appliances and domestic equipment: dishes, salad bowls, glasses, etc.
- Medical: in-vitro diagnostic, e.g. blood cuvettes
- Many special applications may be added to this list, e.g. DVD discs, cellular phone displays, lenses, shoe heels, display cases, drawers...
Altuglas® Acrylic Resin – Standard Grades
Exceptional optical clarity with resistance to damage and discoloration by ultraviolet rays make Altuglas® acrylic resins the industry standard. These resins are used in automotive lighting, light fittings, household appliances, mobile phone displays, light guide panels, etc.
|Altuglas® VM||Good fluidity|
|Altuglas® V 920T||High temperature resistance with improved flow properties|
|Altuglas® V 825T||High temperature resistance with good flow properties|
|Altuglas® V 046||Extrusion grade with high heat resistance|
Altuglas® Acrylic Resin – Impact Grades
Altuglas® DR, Altuglas® MI and Altuglas® HFI series resins offer impact resistance that is 2 to 15 times greater than standard acrylics, combined with excellent optical qualities.
The Altuglas® HFI range is designed for superior flow and mould release properties, for reduced cycle times. In addition, the HFI range is available in grades resistant to sterilisation by gamma radiation.
|Altuglas® MI-4T||Middle impact modified grade|
|Altuglas® MI-7T||Impact modified grade|
|Altuglas® DRT||High impact modified PMMA|
|Altuglas® HFI-7||Impact modified grade with improved fluidity|
|Altuglas® HFI-10||High impact modified PMMA with improved fluidity|
|Altuglas® HFI-15||Super high impact modified grade|
Altuglas® Acrylic Resin – Specialty Grades
Altuglas International has developed a wide range of clear and coloured specialty acrylic resins, in response to growing demand in very exacting applications.
Enhanced technical specifications:
- Improved mechanical properties
- Improved thermal properties
- Higher resistance to chemicals and gamma radiation
- Improved surface hardness
- Anti-scratching properties
- Transparent to UV
- Glossy opaque
- Coloured and textured surfaces
|Altuglas® VML||High fluidity and processability|
|Altuglas® VS-UVT||UV transparent grade|
|Altuglas® HT 121||Higher thermal resistance and surface hardness (anti-scratching)|
|Altuglas® V 825-HID||Resistance to high intensity discharge sources|
|Altuglas® UVP||Grades offering UV protection|
|Altuglas® HCR-3||Excellent chemical resistance|
|Altuglas® CR-8||Very good chemical resistance and impact properties|
|Altuglas® CR-12||High impact modified grade and very good chemical resistance|
|Altuglas® SG-7||Impact grade, resistance to gamma radiation|
|Altuglas® Opaque||Glossy opaque|
|Altuglas® Matt||Unique matt appearance|
|Altuglas® Frosted||Unique frosted appearance|
|Altuglas® Granite||Look of natural stone|
|Solarkote® A||Superior UV protection and weather resistance, adhesion to ABS|
|Solarkote® H||Superior UV protection and adhesion to HIPS|
|Solarkote® P||Superior UV protection and adhesion to PVC|
Loading, please wait