Polystyrene microgranulates are spherical beads with a diameter of 0.2 to 1.0 mm.
The products are additive free with a purity of 99.9%. Due to high surface to volume ratio and the excellent mixing properties, these products provide a number of advantages in the manufacturing process of compounds and master batches. Microgranulates are available as crystal and high impact grades from Styrolution.
PS microgranulates main characteristics:
- Polystyrene with high surface to volume ratio
- Spherical particles, Average size: 200 to 1000 μm
- Produced in a suspension polymerisation process
- Crystal and HIPS grades available
- Food contact grades available
- Due to high surface area
- No additional grinding/repackaging etc.
- Better mixing and dispersion
- Higher additive loading
- Better homogeneity
- Faster dissolving
- Spherical particles; less agglomeration, easier processing
- High purity
- No thermal history